hcg at level 20... how far along am I? Please help!!

I went in on Friday and I had a level 8 hcg... today it is 20... my doc told me that I am pregnant, but to be cautious... are my numbers rising like they should?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• looks like they are rising kind of slow but they are going up so thats what matters just becareful take it easy get lots of liquids in you. maybe you arnt very far along im assuming you go back to the dr soon. he will probably do a u/s next time to get you a due date.
    Anonymous

• I go back in on Wednesday to see if my numbers are rising.. and then they will schedule my first appt...
    Anonymous

• Your hormone levels should be doubling about ever 1.5 days. Yours dont seem to be doing that which can mean a couple things. It could mean you have an ectopic pregnancy and in those hormone levels dont double. Im sure your dr would have scheduled an u/s to rule that out though? Your baby may not be developing properly which can mean you may miscarry. And lastly could just be your hormone levels are having a hard time catching up and everything will be ok.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008