Was this the wrong thing to do?

Ok, let me start with a little background here. My husband and I lost our house because he was laid off and the job he has now doesn't pay enough for us to have kept the house, so when we had to move, housing being what it is here, he had to move into a tiny trailer (and I mean a travle trailer, not a "house" trailer) and I moved into my brother's house with DD. Even though we're not living together we are still married and we're not getting a divorce. So with the situation being what it is, with no jobs around here for my skills, I have to move a few hours away to where my parents are to find a job, which isn't such a bad thing since he and I have discussed moving to florida so we can both find jobs and be together as a family again. Now I have access to his email account so that I can check on some of the bills that we have online, I do have email, but everything is on his account right now and I don't have to pay everything because I don't make as much money as he does at the job I'm at now. Well when I checked the account today I found his registration and some messages from "Plenty of fish" and got a little upset. So here's my question; as soon as I found it, I deleted his account, was this the wrong thing to do? If we were separated or getting a divorce it would be a different situation in my opinion, but since we're together it felt like he was cheating, and the only thing that I could think of was to delete the account. What would you ladies have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I really don't know..I THINK I might have asked him about it, but deleting it would have been a real possibility as well. Do you plan to ask him about it?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I too would have deleted the account but I would also be asking questions.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have done the same thing as well as confronted him about it.

That being said....I get random e-mails from PlentyofFish and some other website....and I never registered.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:48 AM on May. 25, 2011

• That is not something a married man should be doing, I wish you well
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 10:50 AM on May. 25, 2011

• i would have saved the info to my computer and just kept checking it for awhile just to see what exactly he was doing..which we already know 'cheating'..in my op if you are looking at sites like that those are your intentions..by you deleting it he will only hide it better next time...im sure he will know you deleted it i think your best bet would be to call him on it and find out what he is doing and why hes looking at those sites..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:50 AM on May. 25, 2011

• No, I would have done worse. I would have checked his profile to see what it said, looked at who he's searched for and for any messages. Then I would have told whoever he was chatting with that you are his WIFE, printed up any evidence, deleted his account, confronted him and kicked his ass! But thats just me, lol.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 10:57 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have deleted it but talked to him too
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have confronted him with the account and if he's looking, let him go, you don't want a cheater. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:02 AM on May. 25, 2011

• You need to at least talk to him about it.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 11:03 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have confronted him not deleted it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:03 AM on May. 25, 2011