Did anyone feel depressed when they wer?

I've not been diagnosed with depression or anything. I'm preg with my 2nd baby and have a 1 yr old .. I feel like I am going to go crazy. Not sure if it's the hormones or the thyroid problem that I have. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My hormones have been crazy out of whack with this 2nd pregnancy...some days I feel great, some days I think I will NEVER be able to handle a toddler and a newborn! :-P Today is one of my depressed days. Blech. It really has to be the hormones, because I'm up one day and down the next...sometimes both in the same day. haha

It's probably just normal preggo hormones messing with you. :) :) But if you start to feel really depressed, or it never lets up, talk to your doctor. Nothing wrong with bending the ear of a professional. :) You want to be as healthy as possible for your children!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm thinking hormones, but mention it to your doctor at your next visit. They'll help keep an eye on things and will keep you from going insane, :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ha ha... Thanks .. :) I'll do that.. but I think that is what it is the hormone roller coaster.. just feel it's too much to do with my tummy out and taking care of my daughter and everything else in the house. This feeling is not always there.. but just some times.. I feel so overwhelmed with everything. The preg. hormones helped me cuz the prescription for my glasses changed for the better.. cuz of the hormones I have thicker hair and better eyesight.. (that is something to be thankful for I guess).. but I guess or hope this will pass too..
    Anonymous

• I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant and I have been depressed as hell!! About EVERYTHING! Today I was trying to make lunch for me and my hubby while also cleaning out the refrigerator (I was boiling water for hotdogs, and in another pot boiling water for mac'n'cheese) but very soon after I had to ask for his help with the food so I could finish the refrigerator. Once everything was finally finished I just started to cry my little eyes out because I felt like I wasn't good enough because I couldn't do everything at the same time and needed help. I felt completely overwhelmed, and didn't know what else to do but cry... so I did.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 8:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008