Donating blood for money

I know that if you donate blood they give you a little cash. But I've never done it before and was wondering if any moms out their have out of desperation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

• I never have but in college remember some kids doing it.

Answer by gemgem at 10:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I thought you only got money to donate plasma. No, I've never been quite that desparate but if I had to I would. We do what we have to do to support our families.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I've donated blood but all I got was a cookie and Tshirt! LOL
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 10:57 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I donate blood and have never been paid for it. I do know that you can donate plasma and get paid for it - according to the commericals up to $300 a month. I've never done that, but when there are local blood drives I always donate.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:57 AM on May. 25, 2011

• It's not donating if you get money, it's giving. I used to years ago (in that desperation) give plasma for money. Lord, I hated those days!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• My mom does it twice a week. Look up plasma centers in your area.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 11:00 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have donated blood many times and never got paid for it. They dont even offer money for giving blood here.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:00 AM on May. 25, 2011

• okay I guess by some of you that it's plasma,its my sons birthday today and I want to get some balloons and maybe streamers.
    I have money to buy him his skateboard that he wants. I have a cake and icecream. I just want more for him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2011

• They will pay if your blood is rare but if you donate plasma you can donate more like twice a week the first donation is 40 to sixty dollars.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:10 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I donated plasma for money at one point when I was single and unemployed. It really wasn't that much money (about $35-$40 a week for 2 trips-the max) and was very time consuming (about 4 hours a visit between waiting and donating). They also ran the needle in one side of the vein and out the other during one visit, causing my arm to swell up like an elephant trunk and then refused to pay me because it wasn't a successful donation. Do it if you have to, but it's really not worth it in the long run. As for the balloons & streamer, try dollar tree, and if you can't afford that, I'm sure your son won't miss it. Try cutting ballon shapes and his name from construction paper and taping to the wall for decoration.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:16 AM on May. 25, 2011