2 questions in one post- Switching doct. @ 38 weeks & Sick

So, I have 2 huge questions the first is ive moved 3 hours away . Which means i'll have to switch doctors. I've called several doctors offices around here, none will accept me because im so far along thy said it as a liability issue. And i'd have to go to the health department (which is fine, i only have a few weeks left) As soon as we got here on Sunday i left a message at the health department, Monday i went up their and had my records switched over, I called Tuesday to make an appt. and their telling me that they dont have my records, and i know thy were sent. She said she;d have someone call me back. Last night i started getting really sick, having a few painful contractions,cramps and a very sore stomach.

I was up and down threw-out the night sick (using the restroom , nasuasue, and sweating w/a really hurting stomach) I woke up till stick this morning and called to make an apt. , i was gonna see if they'd re-send my records, when i called the lady on the phone says they want see me b/c im to far along??

So my 2 questions are , Can the health department really not see me???

the next question is what is wrong with me?? I have no OB to call, but this morning my stomach sort of feels like its in knots.

any advice? And Please dont bash, Ive already had a rough morning

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 11:05 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think its crazy that they wont see you! I think if your symptoms get worse you should just go into the local emergency room or call the local hospital they can give you some idea of what is going on.
    WranglerMommy

Answer by WranglerMommy at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2011

• thats what my mom told me to do.To go to the ER, ive been so sick since last night
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Take yourself to the hospital. They are the only ones that CAN NOT turn you away. Go in and get checked. It is a liability for any doctor to take you on once you have already been established with another one. I tried that at 8 weeks and my GYN said NO b/c I had my first appointment elsewhere due insurance issues. I was very disappointed. I wish you luck and hope that you feel better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Then mama you need to go in. You don't want to take any chances with you or your baby :) Good Luck and keep us posted
    WranglerMommy

Answer by WranglerMommy at 11:12 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Just go to the ER. If you are in labor, they HAVE to deliver you. By law.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:26 AM on May. 25, 2011

• That is TOTAL B*LLSH*T!!! I was 8 months pregnant when I switched my doctors. The one I'd BEEN seeing for my entire pregnancy told me THEN, at 8 months, that she did not deliver. That was the last appointment I had with HER. I went to another clinic closer to the hospital I'd be delivering at with no problems whatsoever.

And I also agree that you should probably take yourself to the ER, what you're describing sounds like labor to me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:34 AM on May. 25, 2011