Happily ever after?

Does anyone have any great relationship stories? Just something I like hearing about once in a while... I'm not looking for a fairytale, just sweet stories from happy couples!

esr

Asked by esr at 4:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I know of some but haven't found one myself.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 27 yrs and counting. We are not perfect..we def have our moments..but overall we have remained close, and happy. We made a pact when we married that divorce was not a word in our vocabulary. when we had issues..we worked them out because there was no alternative. In the end it's made us stronger. I love him more today than ever. He still leaves me notes in the morning and never forgets birthdays and anniversaries. He has always helped when he was home. Regardless of the poor times, the challenges raising kids, and grandkids now..I wouldn't trade a day of it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I swore off guys...and about a week later, met my future husband. lol.

I was at a point in my life where I wanted to move to CA and work at Disneyland (my childhood dream) so I didn't think I wanted a relationship at all. I told this guy my plans before things could get "too serious". He apparently decided he couldn't lose me, because he proposed after 2 months of dating and said he was moving with me! :) Which he did...we got married, both worked at Disneyland, and were basically homeless together for the first 2-3 years of our marriage. We've been married 4-1/2 years now...we have a beautiful 23 month old and are expecting baby #2 in exactly 2 weeks. We've hit our rough patches, but somehow he puts up with me through everything. He's my best friend. Period. :) Thank goodness for his impulsiveness, because I probably would have moved away without him and who knows where I'd be now!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i have one. my hubby and i both worked at the same place. then i was fired and thought oh no i won't have a way to keep talking with him. not that we talked much cause he was shy. he thought i was to good for him. he had even asked me to join him for roller derby but then he never followed through. i thought for sure with me not working there that was the end. then at my new job i still thought about him and one day of thinking of him he texted me out of the blue. he said he was thinking of me and know that it is out of the blue. but nothing. he never would ask me out. so i was not going to chase him. turned out he was dating someone else and i went to ireland with my daughter and when i got back on fourth of july i was alone so i texted him what you doing for the fourth and he said nothing want to do something together.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• he finally asked me out. that was our first date. i didn't think he liked me and frankly i didn't really feel anything for him. turned out he was totally smitten with me. i had just gotten out of a relationship with and had been hurt bad and had taken me almost 2 yrs to get over was even dating another. so i was more hesitant. i melted in fell in love when he told me that the first time he saw me at the front desk that he had this overwhelming feeling that he was going to marry me. this is the sign from god that we were meant to be. we are so much alike. we feel and think the same thing. we read each others mind.
    melody77

• even though we both dated other people came back together and my bf at the time broke it off with me the day before the fourth and his gf broke it off the week before. we married in 10 months later. we couldn't wait. we saved each other for our wedding night. he truly is my other half. fourth of july is very special to us now.
    melody77

• I met my husband while I was on holiday in England and after months of phone calls and letters, I moved over there and married him.  We've been happily married for 20 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008