Would you still do it?

my 2yo has kinda long hair its a little below her shouder, shes constantly twriling it and getting it in knots that only come out if you cut them out, iv tried absolutly everything else except cutting it, so i want to get it cut int a cut little bob so even if she does get tangles they will be easy to get out. hubs says no becasue he likes long hair and would rather me just yank out the tangles. hair grows back so i dont think its worth her being in pain or me choping her hair in all odd places. and im considering just doing it anyway.
so would you get it cut anyway?

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 11:31 AM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't. Not worth a fight. It's cute that he likes her hair. Can you put it in pig tails?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Can you put her hair up in cute pigtails or pony's or something else.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:33 AM on May. 25, 2011

• nope, my dd has always had long hair and as of right now, it's a little past her butt (she's almost 5) has only had it trimmed, the tangles are easier to get out if you use a good conditoner and a detangler after you wash her hair GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:34 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Have you tried braiding it? You should teach her now not to play with her hair. I think you should tell your hubby to get the knots out if he is really concerned about you cutting it. Hair does grow back.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2011

• no you should braid it... when u braid the hair it tends to stay nice and neat and it stimulates growth:)
    maryannchavez86

Answer by maryannchavez86 at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2011

• iv tried putting it up, iv tried diffrent washing methods and sprays trust me absolutly nothing works her knots are dread like
    SimplyErathy

Comment by SimplyErathy (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Actually? I would tell him if he likes it, then he can take care of the knots. Nicely. (This probably isn't anything to start a war over.) Once he has to accept the crying and the pain, he will probably see your point. Some hair just tangles more than others. Why put her and you through that because he likes it? More than likely, he's just never had to cope with longish hair and doesn't get it.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 11:36 AM on May. 25, 2011

• YES! My daddy made me have long hair until I was 7. Every morning at our house was a struggle. My hair is thick and curly. It isn't far to DD to make her suffer. Let her daddy comb her hair one morning. That may change his tune.

On another note, have you tried detangler? Even as an adult, I swear by it.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2011

• her hair is too layerd and thin to braid let alone get her to sit still
    SimplyErathy

Comment by SimplyErathy (original poster) at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I never understood why dad's say that...they aren't the one's who have to deal with it. My dad was the same way...thankfully, my hubby is not. My daughter had long hair until this spring when she asked to have it cut cause it was getting to be too much for her. we had it cut into a really cut bob cut where it is shorter in the back and longer in the front w/ bangs and she loves and it looks so cute on her...people are always stopping us in public to tell her how cute her hair cut is. it looks so much better than the long mess she had before. I would personally tell him that unless he wants to become the hair tamer of the house and be the one to deal with her long hair, then you are going to go have it cut. GL...I hope he comes to his senses.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2011