What do I do my daughter-in-law has lied and now I can not see my son or granddaughter

This started from the first time I met her. Although I did not see it then. So many things have happen since then, to much to write. I will start with there wedding. They asked me to cater the wedding. And dumb me said yes because I had no money to help other wise. Over the months of planing she would never sit down with me and go over the food, I went from store to store checking prices on food. The food that they had told me they wanted at the wedding, Some were along the way she changed the menu. And I was not told until the day the food was picked up. A day and a half before the wedding. She also told me there was no kitchen at the hall, and we were not aloud to have candles (sturnos). And they did not want cords going to the tables of food. No crock pots either. This ment I would have to miss my oldest sons wedding to bring hot food. I was such a wreck by the wedding. There was a kitchen. Ther is not enough room to finish

Patricia K.

Asked by Patricia K. at 11:36 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow ur not done and i already dnt like her:( If shes mean to u then u dnt talk to her or let ur son know whats going on....
    maryannchavez86

Answer by maryannchavez86 at 11:39 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Kill 'em with kindness. People like her can't stand that and only end up looking like the fool they are.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:43 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have tried to talk to my son, he wont believe me. I would have never though any of my sons would do this. I have always been close to them. I think that is part of the problem she is jealous because we were so close. She has run off all his friends, brothers, and most of my family. who have never treated her wrong or bad never! I did not tell my son what was happening before the wedding. I was trying to protect him. I though maybe she would grow up. I was wrong big time there. They also live with her family ever since the wedding. I though her family was nice but maybe I was wrong there also. Her mother knows some of what happen. But she is protecting her daughter I guess I don't really know.
    Patricia K.

Comment by Patricia K. (original poster) at 12:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What has she lied about and why are you not able to see them?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My daughter-in-laws cousin was suppose to turn on the crock pot for me and a couple other things nothing big, I had most of it ready. When I got back from the wedding she had done nothing I had asked her to do other than she turned the crock pots on high and had already dried out the beef, and did not put the juice on it. So I started to try to get things moving and her mother showed up and started to help. When I had gone out to work on the table some of the other ladies in her family were in the kitchen, They had taken over and were running me and my family down saying we had messed it all up. her grandmother was coming through the door and was saying this also. I stopped in front of her and said it was not my sons family that did any of this it was me. By then I was so stressed I started to cry. Then I walked off, I though if they think they can do better have at it. So she told my son I screwed everything up. It was her.
    Patricia K.

Comment by Patricia K. (original poster) at 1:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• There is still more. It was her that screwed it all up, she would not tell me what I was cooking, and I could not use anything to keep it warm. She told my son that her family had to go in and fix all of it. What a joke. Well I did not say a word to my son, I did not want to mess up his wedding. Then months later I was baby sitting my granddaughter once a week, And one day she came and I told her we had an appointment to go to, that we may not be here when she is done. I told her to give me a call. She forgot to leave the car set. I had not notice until it was time to go. I tried and tried to call her but she would not answer her phone or call me back. This I did wrong We had to leave and I put the baby 4yrs old in the set belt and left. When she called she was very mad, and we had to meet her at a store. I told her I was sorry, and I have told her sorry many other times. She said I have never said sorry to her.
    Patricia K.

Comment by Patricia K. (original poster) at 1:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• The last time I told her I was sorry was at my fathers funeral. But she still lies and said I didn't so I am not aloud to see my son or granddaughter. Now does that sound like a set up or what. There are many other things that she has done to many to list.
    Thank You for listing. Patricia K
    Patricia K.

Comment by Patricia K. (original poster) at 1:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Patricia... you need to tell your SON all of this. ALL OF IT.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have tried He will not even listen to me. She has also told my son that she has to go out with her girl friends to the bars so other men can hit on her to help with her low self esteem and he believes that also. He does not like to go out to bars. So she feels she should not have to suffer because he does not want to go. If he did there would be something else she would make up. He is also not aloud to have her pass words on facebook or her e-mails but she has his. She also answers his mail.
    Patricia K.

Comment by Patricia K. (original poster) at 1:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Is your son telling you all of this??
    One thing you have to realize is that he chose her. He is an adult, married, and has kids. He makes his own choices. If he wanted to see you, he would. My ILs put me through hell when I was planning our wedding. If something wasn't how SHE wanted it, she'd throw a fit, and call my dh crying about it. Remember, he chose for it to be this way. She can't force him to do or not do anything.
    sweetiepye2004

Answer by sweetiepye2004 at 2:12 PM on May. 25, 2011