Do you ever kill bees and wasps with a bad mitten racket?

We have bees bad this year. DH was chasing them down and killing them with a bad mitten racket yesterday. I was laughing so hard.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 11:38 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No, but that is funny. I can so picture that in my head.

The last two years we've had to get the house sprayed. Bad problems with bees and spiders, and I don't want to find out if my kids are allergic to them. My mother is, so it was a must to get our house sprayed.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:45 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I guess that's better than a can of wasp spray and a lighter - my husband's version of a homemade flame thrower.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:39 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't kill them they pollinate my flowers I need all of the help I can get

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:44 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Wasps like to hang around my front porch and I am highly allergic so I'm all for killing them. I don't mind honey bees but I would want the wood bees gone too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:54 AM on May. 25, 2011

• No, but we DID have to exterminate a wasps' nest on the corner of our old house last summer. I don't remember the breed they call it now but it's the most aggressive breed of wasp and has yellow and black striping like a bee. My kids were 3 and 6 then, we HAD to keep them safe.

Hubby got some of that DIY spray that sprays 20+feet and soaked the nest a few times until nothing went in or out for 24 hours.

**Did a google search and they were the bald-faced hornets that we had to get rid of.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No.. Id be wayyyy to scared to go after a bee or a hornet or a wasp with a badminton racket. Id probably be the one that missed and gets stung! LOL. Ill have to tell me dh about it.. it might be amusing to watch.. haha.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 1:42 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No I would be afraid of ticking it off that way!!! LOL
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:03 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't normally laugh when we get rid of wasps. I shriek in terror.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• LOLThat's funny
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I am a freak and kill nothing.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:58 PM on May. 25, 2011