I had my tiny baby last night at 2am. He's in the Lords hands now. adult content

Ive miscarried babies before but for some reason this one hurts so bad. I think probably because I see his heart beat and watched him move around and really got excited for him to grow and develop and just make it here to meet me. I never got the chance to meet my baby. I seen him but he couldn't see me.

We were so convinced that this baby was going to make it that I told my young children. And now I don't know what to tell them when they ask me how baby is doing. I don't want them to think that i lied to them about being pregnant. Please if you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

EvansMommy31605

Asked by EvansMommy31605 at 11:40 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh, Mama, my heart breaks for you. I have no words of advice, just offering hugs and compassion to you. I think you will just have to be as honest as possible with your children, maybe just let them know that the baby wasn't strong enough so he had to go back to heaven or something like that. Now he is an angel in heaven to watch over all of you. I am so sorry for your loss. Take time to grieve and work thru this.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:44 AM on May. 25, 2011

• This happened to me too. It was so horrible and took me a very long time to get over. I told my son "The doctor thought I was going to have a baby, but he was wrong. Mommy is not going to have a baby now". He didn't ask anything further. There is no need for them to know the truth. Good luck to you, I know it's tough, take the time you need. I have had 2 babies since then!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• how may weeks were you? i was 10 weeks when i m/c. i had just told my kids too. i didnt want to get into specifics with them so i told them that they were still going to have a little brother or sister but just not right now. fortunately they are young enough to not really question and they went on their way.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:46 AM on May. 25, 2011

• My heart goes out to you and your family. All you can do is be honest with your babies and I am so sorry for you all. My children lost 3 very young friends and it is so hard for them to understand the here one moment gone the next. We reassured them that it was ok to feel whatever they felt...mad, sad, confused, etc... and it is ok to go play and get away from it all. You will be in my thoughts.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Prayers Mama.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• My heart goes put to you and your family. It took me a long time to get over mine as I am sure you knbow if you have had them before. I don't know what to tell you I just want to give you a huge hug right now though.

hugs and say how sorry I am.

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Maybe just tell them that for now, having a baby is going to be put on hold. They can know the truth when they are a little older.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Just be honest with them. Give them the simplest amount of info possible, then let them know if they have any questons or want to talk about it, you are here and so is dad. Explain to them that sometimes when a baby isn't developing properly the body has a way of ending the pregnancy. Keep it simple, depending on their age. Also, maybe google the subject. I'm sure you would find some great articles that may help.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It must be very emotional, and heartbreaking. Please, please, please, don't take wrong what I'm going to suggest. I can only imagine how much pain this has caused you. So to avoid further heartbreak, I would strongly suggest you look into why it is you keep having miscarriages before you try again. Just to make sure you suceed next time! I couldn't personally bear to lose again after going through what you are going through right now. God Bless.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Momma, I'm crying for you and yours right now. I don't have the words to say jsut how sorry I am for your loss. I like, and second, what MaryMW said on how to tell your kids. I wish I could give you about a million REAL hugs right now, you and your family deserve them. This will have to do:

hugsim sorry

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• so sorry to hear about your loss. Just wanted to say thinking about you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:54 PM on May. 25, 2011