Anyone a Microsoft Office whiz?

I'm going to begin homeschooling (officially) this fall and I'd really like use MS OneNote, Outlook, and Excel to organize my lesson planner, schedule, and grade book. I'm fairly tech savvy but I'm having a hard time understanding MS Outlook (I haven't used it in the past). I want to use Outlook to schedule assignments by subject - can I color code subject? Does the "autoformatting" feature allow me to color code automatically? If so, how do I get that to work?

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 11:43 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Technology

• PS Basic Edition is FREE

http://www.homeschooltracker.com/tracker_basic.aspx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Do yourself a favor:

http://www.homeschooltracker.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks, but I'm a bit of control freak in this matter. I've seen this before and the basic edition is not enough for me. Besides I know how Excel works and can make those calculations very easily, and I am well versed in OneNote ... so branching out into Outlook isn't as daunting to me as it might be to someone else.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 11:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I've NEVER been successful with using outlooks calendar. You might want to consider perhaps google calendar. If you have a smart phone (droid/android) it will sync nicely with that. It can be easily shared with other google accounts. You can color code things in google calendar etc.

I've just found google calendar much easier to use. I can share it with my hubby. He can add things to it from his phone or computer, etc. It makes life much easier. When I make changes he can see it etc. It really has helped us to sync up and plan things out better.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yeah, I don't have a smart phone and I love Google Calendar, but I want a calendar that isn't on the Internet. (I'm not even really interested in using Outlook for email). I hope that Outlook isn't as complicated as it seems. Oy!
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 1:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks y'all for trying, but I finally found what I was looking for.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 2:14 PM on May. 25, 2011