?

why does my 15 week old cry to sleep yet fights it for hours? i have to end up rocking her for a while.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 11:51 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because she's only 4 months old, babies tend to do that. Sometimes if you put them down at the first sign of being tired they will go to sleep on their own, sometimes you have to let them cry for a few minutes. Other babies just will not go to sleep on their own. Almost any baby can learn to fall asleep on their own, but I don't know too many mommy's that can let their babies cry that long lol. It's not easy. But whatever you do, needs to be consistant.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• They are getting overly tired. Try putting them to bed just a little earlier. That is usually the sign that they are too tired so then they fight going to sleep. My dd did this as well. Just try putting them to bed maybe 15 min earlier and if it still happens go 15 min earlier and just experiment. Good luck!!
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 12:04 PM on May. 25, 2011