How much to charge for babysitting a friends kid while she works?

ok this is a little complicated my cousin had a baby with this girl then she left him and had another kid with someone else. well my aunt asked me to watch my cousins kid they had together and i agreed well this girl wants me to watch her other child that is not my cousins because she lost her daycare and is working two jobs and the dad is not paying child support well she said she was paying 110 every week and wants to know how much i charge. i was wondering what would be a good price? iam a sahm amyways so i dont own a daycare or anything but it would be from 8-4 mon-fri. please help me figure this out this is my first time watching someone elses kids. also if in the case she dont pay me how long should i wait before i tell her i will not watch her kid anymore? thank sorry so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I pay $500/month for one child in child care 5 days a week. I would say $110/week is pretty fair, especially because you know her, but that is just me.

My day care has you pay up front, and you go off of a credit. Otherwise, she should pay you at the end of every week and if she doesn't, don't watch her kids on Monday.
    Anonymous

• I pay $20 a day for my DD to go to her in-home un-certified daycare. I pack her lunch but the sitter provides her milk and snacks. SO If I sent her all 5 days it would be $100 plus food.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Minimum wage is around here is $8.67/hour . I would charge AT LEAST that for one kid, more if you're watching both. And if she doesn't pay on Friday refuse to take her kids on Monday.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• For a friend, or anyone in my case, I would say and this is just me I would change $80.00 a week. Because Daycare is like rent money, so I'll help her save but still get paid at the same time.
    MsVanqueOsg

Answer by MsVanqueOsg at 12:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I watched a friends daughter 2 summers ago - 2 days a week from 7am to 6pm and she paid me $175 each week as well as provided me with diapers, wipes, food..everything her daughter would need for the week. I wouldn't accept anything under $100..
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Noting under $100, but if she doesn't pay then no childcare services on monday
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:54 PM on May. 25, 2011