Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Okay, I know I have asked a contraction question before, but they are different now.

I am having really bad contractions, but they are not close and long. In fact they are either long or close, but not both. Should I call the Dr? I am 37 weeks and just ready to stop contracting, because they hurt really bad.

Answer Question

Asked by mom2be_25 at 12:14 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 7 (178 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Well you could call and they might do a stress test on you, but if they aren't close together for a few hours, I don't think they would do anything. You are considered full term at 37 weeks

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • If they hurt then yes call your doctor. Labor contractions are very painful. If you have to stop and breathe through them, call your OB especially if/when you either have loss of fluids (water breaking) or bleeding which means you are in active labor)

    Answer by alinker at 12:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • It doesn't hurt to call...I would...

    Answer by amandasmomma at 12:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • i was the same amount of weeks pregnant the dr gave me a stress test it was fine so they gave me some things to stop the contrations because they wasnt doing anything well the next week they took me in to induce me bad thing i was in labor for 30 hrs they told me that i should of had the baby the next day and it was the night before i seen my little one. Good luck.

    Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 1:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.