How do you know?...

How can you calculate what gender your unborn child will be before the ultrasound? Isn't there a way where you can look into the history of both biological parents and study their recessive and dominant genes in order to see what gender you are more than likely to have?
Or is it just a wait and see sort of thing???

blueydblond

Asked by blueydblond at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• can't genetically calculate gender, as both female and male sperm are emitted. Can guess by knowing when you conceived and when you ovulated, but the only sure fire way is check between the legs at birth.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• you can use a chinese conception calender but it didnt work for me . . it told me I was having a boy and im 23 weeks prego with a baby girl
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• sorry its a wait and see thing but you can for fun look at the chinese conception calender. it told me i was having a boy and im having a boy lol but keep in mind its a 50/50 chance.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Wait and see! There are now some forms of in-vitro that allow you to choose a sex, but there is not way to "do it yourself". :) Past genetics don't really matter, it's the combination of the two of you that make it happen!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• And lol, that calendar said "girl" for me and I got a bouncing baby boy!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My SILs did the needle on a thread over your wrist with me and everyone else at Thanksgiving... it was right for all but one. I thought 5 out of 6 was pretty good. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008