I recently got divorced and my BF sleeps over while my son is home.

My son told his dad and his dad called me and told me he was uncomfortable with my BF sleeping here while our son is here. He has a girlfriend but she doesn't spend the night while our son is with him. I don't feel I have to give my ex any input and feel like telling him to mind his own business. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Personally I think he's right.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I also think he is right. Shouldn't confuse the kids more than is already there.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think he is right too. Have you considered what emotional implications your sleepovers may have on your son?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree with him.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think he is right but it is your decision.

How serious is this relationship? I didn't introduce my 3 year old to SO until we had been dating 6 months. Keeping in mind that I had been best friends with him for 15 years.

He also didn't introduce his 11 yr old son to me until then either.

If you move men in and out of a childs' life it really confuses them. So, unless you know that this is THE ONE, I wouldn't do it anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• – collapse
    I'd tell him to mind his own business. You have your boyfriend stay over not random men. You aren't doing your son any harm what so ever.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:24 PM on May. 25, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• It is your ex's son too and he has a right to be concerned with the person who is spending the night at the house while your son is there. It is absolutely his business.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't get this----we were just giving a Mom a hrd time b/c we feel that it isn't her business what her ex does wit his new girlfriend, but we are now telling a mom that it is her ex's business what she does. This is BS. I say it is none of his business what you do in your home unless you are harming your child. None the less I disagree with bringing people into a child's life unless you know for sure that they will be around for a long long time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It is none of his business. He gave up the right to tell you what to do when you got divorced. As long as the child isn't being harmed, no foul. And I agree about the part that I hope this is a serious relationship, because having different men around all the time is confusing. My friend has had so many boyfriends around her son that he calls all men Daddy :(
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 12:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It's really non of his business...your the mother and I'm sure your doing what's best for your son...I'm assuming you didnt meet him and have him stay over the first night? I'm assuming your son got to know him a bit first? if my assumtions are correct then tell him to buzz off...you are not married anymore he can voice whatever concerns he may have,but that does not mean you have to listen.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2011