What would you do if you was in my shoes?

Ok I am pregnant with my first child and my and my bf are super excited. Well my grandmother has really been stressing me out lately because my bf doesn't have a job but he just recently got out of the army and is looking. Well every time around her she is always making me mad. Well this weekend she is having a cook out and she invited a bunch of the family I really want to see, but should I go?

Vivian0331

Asked by Vivian0331 at 12:30 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• what's it to her? is she paying your bills? its hard out there everyone is looking for jobs. you should go but stay out of her way. and if she gets in your face there and makes it uncomfortable for you then just leave. that's it. no words need to be said. until she can apologize for her behavior. don't get yourself all worked up especially being pregnant.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:12 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It takes two people to fight. If she gets up in your face, walk away. If she persists, leave. You're a grown adult and to NOT have take ANYONE'S BS unless you choose to.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Be polite. Remind her that he IS looking and that MANY veterans are NOT working. You can tell her "He applied here here and here and is waiting to hear back."

Then ask her about her potato salad recipe.

If he IS looking, then don't waste your time getting upset over her needling. Just ignore it. If, however, he is NOT doing as much as he should... get on HIS butt.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If she's YELLING... skip it. Don't go.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Personally I wouldn't go.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:42 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Why would you put yourself and your bf through her humiliation? If seeing family that you haven't seen in a long time is worth the abuse, then go...if not stay home....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• well shes not civil she gets in my face and she just starts yelling at me like thats really going to work and make things better. but thanks i will try to act civil even if she doesn't
    Vivian0331

Comment by Vivian0331 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would put feelings aside about that one person if you really want to see your family.Agree to disagree but that dosen't sound so bad in my world! Deal with the issue and move on or suck it up , bluntly.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 12:35 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would skip it, I can't stand being around busybodies who can't mind their own business.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• She's got a point... That aside, simply be civil. I can't understand why that is so hard.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:32 PM on May. 25, 2011