What do people think about sunscreens causing cancer?

I heard about this and was wondering what other people thought:

http://www.skinbiology.com/toxicsunscreens.html

amandasmomma

Asked by amandasmomma at 12:31 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

• I buy my son California Baby because I just can't take a chance when it comes to cancer and my baby.. my husband already has skin cancer so he is using it also because he is at risk -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Sun causes cancer, sunscreen causes cancer.. at this point maybe people should just live in plastic bubbles.. but, oh wait, THAT probably causes cancer too... I think people need to stop worrying so much and just enjoy life. Yes, take precautions but seriously, it seems like one way or another we are going to get cancer so why worry about it?
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• The chemicals in sunscreen are some of the worst ever, especially if they contain nano-particles (which means they are small enough to be absorbed through the skin and ultimately end up in the bloodstream). It's safer to cover up a bit, do allow some exposure - need that Vitamin D after all - and avoid sunscreen altogether.
    Anonymous

• I think the cancer hysteria is getting a little extreme. The longer we go without finding a cure for cancer, the more things that are going to "cause" it. Unless you are putting several full bottles of sunscreen on your body every single day, there's no way you could reach a toxicity point like that. Personally, I'm not a big sunscreen user in the first place. I use it on my kids and myself if I know we are going to be outside for more than an hour, but I refuse to slather it on just because we're walking half a mile to the grocery store. I think sun exposure is a necessity, frankly. I know I feel healthier if I get some (unprotected) sun exposure each day. Moderation and common sense are a heck of a lot healthier than mania one way or the other.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• ther are several 'natural sun screen options if someone is worried about chemicals. I personally just use the regular sin screen you get for $6 at wal-mart... As far as people hang ups with vit D absorbancy... wouldn't you have to be totally covered head to toe in clothes and sunscreen for every single min you were out side? Who does that? How covers up totally to walk from the car to the store and to the mail box and tl play outside for half and hour on the porch or in the shade...
    Anonymous

• Drink bottled water...no wait don't drink bottled water! Get fresh air....wait pollution. Use antibacterial EVERYTHING... no don't you wont be able to fight germs. I am gonna go hide under my bed now.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think everything causes cancer. Do this Dont do that.... it all causes it
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i think too much of anything can cause cancer
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:00 PM on May. 25, 2011