Birthday decor

how much do you spend on birthday decorations,what do they consist of on a low budget?
I will be celebrating my son becoming a preteen!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I usually hang a birthday banner and table cover. No other decorations at all. I got my table cover for about $1 and the banner we have had for a few years.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I do a lot of stuff by myself. I buy one package of "themed" plates, napkins, cups, and then color coordinate to save $$ (So DD's birthday will be Dora themed, I bought 12 Dora plates, then bought extra pink and orange plates, napkins, etc.)

I do spend extra to get a personalized birthday banner every year (we keep them) but you can get a cheap "Happy Birthday" at the dollar store.

Balloons I do the same thing as the plates, get 3-4 Dora balloons, then a bunch of orange a pink, then tie them together. Streamers are pink and orange, and can also be found at the dollar store.

Over all, I spend about $50 on decorations.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

• ALl you really 'need' t make a party is music, a cake and a bunch of good friends! everything else is bonus. With preteens, snacks would be a plus. A simple table cover would look nice I guess. Party themed plates and cups are fun. You could easily stick with the basics and stay under $50-75 depending on how much you spent on food.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:41 PM on May. 25, 2011