Going nuts

everytime i try and eat or something baby cries. i got no help. what do i do?

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• If baby is fed, clean, and not in pain, let him/her cry so that you can eat. I had to learn the hard way and ate many many cold meals.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Let the baby cry? Or hire someone to take care of him/her while you eat or do something?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:46 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Hahaha... my kids are 15, 5, and 4... and I still have this problem! Hahaha

It is called placing others needs above your own... just "take" the time, and do not feel guilty?!?! I am not above doing a "tag team" with hubby, where I turn to him, and he knows... let me eat or he will die... Hahahaha (joking of course).... have to find humor in it all
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:57 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I had this issue a lot when my baby was younger and I know that it's hard to let them cry. Depending on how old your baby is what worked for my was putting him in the bouncer and talking or bouncing him with my foot as I ate. I also would put him in the Moby so I could get stuff done, it also works with other kinds of wearable carriers. Hope that was helpful for you.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• lol i am just exhausted but i will be ok. at least baby;s taken care of and i loose weight lol. thanks all.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 1:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would put mine in the crib, bouncy seat, swing, exerciser, whatever so I could do stuff. They will cry, and it is not going to hurt them. Just as long as they are safe and not there for a long time, do what you need to do!! You will wear yourself out if you are attached constantly. I too learned the hard way. :))
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:08 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i do all those things, i just idk
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 1:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ditto AngieBry's answer. Or learn to hold the baby and eat at the same time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• my children are 9 and 4 and they seem to do the same thing; especially if I am in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower; if the baby is fed, has a clean diaper and everything then just put him in a bouncy seat; car seat(buckled in of course; on the dryer with dryer going); his swing; exerciser, or pack-n-play and whatever you can. Babies cry and it won't hurt them to cry a little while(as long as it isn't for more then an hour). As long as they are safe and won't hurt themselves or fall then don't worry about it do what you have to do. Good luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Really? This is a serious question?

Make sure your baby's needs are taken care of and then sit down and eat a meal, for Pete's sake! Your baby will be fine.
    Anonymous