Maternity portraits?

this is my 2nd baby, my husband and my first together, we have never had portraits done as a couple/family yet, i am 33 weeks. would you get maternity pics done and why or why not? or would you just wait until baby is born and have family/nb pics done?
(if i do them it'll be at a studio that does $4/sheet kinda thing bc we're pretty broke)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can have a friend or family member take pictures of just you and your pretty pregnant belly and then do family pictures after baby gets here. You should definitely have at least something from your pregnancy!!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:47 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I didn't do them. Honestly I kind of wish I had but we ended up just doing family pictures after the kids were born. The only thing is I would not have gone in for all the wierd clothes and poses. I would have dressed nicely and taken a picture. I say if you want to do the portraits it's up to you. You don't have to spend hundreds and do all kinds of outlandish things. The $4 a sheet pictures would be fine.
    Anonymous

• I work for a photography studio so I did have a couple taken during work one day. I'm not completely over the whole weight-gain thing yet so I wasn't overly excited about them but I'm sure I'll appreciate having them as memories later on in life. I still am trying to get my husband to take a couple shots with me before baby comes just to have as keepsakes. Whether you go to a studio to take them or have a friend take them, pictures are memories and they can't be replaced. I would definatley take some maternity pictures just to remember this time in your life.
    Gonzo318

Answer by Gonzo318 at 12:57 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Its completely up to you. You don't have to be nude for your pictures. You could have the photographer or family friend take pictures of you and your family at a park and then take some of just you looking at your bump. I plan on having my friend take pictures of me when I get further along at a park with my hubby and our dog. I'm having them taken so I can send thank you cards to people. I thought it would be a different and more thoughtful. Good luck and Happy 33 weeks. I'm 18 weeks today.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 1:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i had my sister in law take maternity pictures when i was pregnant and its cool just to have them maybe just get some of your belly and when your little one get here then get family but maternity photos are always worth getting done. :) have a good day
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 1:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I've taken pictures of my sister during both her pregnancies. I'm planning on doing a more "professional" sultry (clean) maternity session with her closer to her due date.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=moz2-ytff-yff35&va=maternity+photography

check out some of these.... will give you an idea of what all and to what degree they can be done
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i did some the week i had my daughter, and they are my most treasured possession. they are very personal (i think one of them is in my photos on here, if u care to see) and beautiful, in my opinion. i only wish i'd done more. my friend couldn't afford them and we took black & whites thru out her pregnancy and did little computer edits on them, and theyre beautiful as well. my advice is to take waaaaay too many pics! you'll never be pregnant with this baby again!
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2011