How do you make good potatoe soup?

I know how to make it, just wondering if there's anything new or soemthing I can add. Do you add celery and onion?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Opps! Potato***
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• lol.. I found this great stuff frim 'Bear Creek" They have lots of different kinds including minestone, chili, brocolli cheddar..but their potato soup is a camping staple for us. boil the water...stir in the mix..simmer15-20 mins...done. Only thing I add is lots of pepper. Since I founf this I never make from scratch anymore
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I boil the potatoes w/some onion, then add milk and butter, use a manual masher to mash some of the potatoes. Then, I have about 3 different ways I season it. The basic way is salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Then, I make a cheddar cheese version that I just add shredded cheddar to. Then I also have what I call my Loaded Baked Potato Soup that I add bacon bits, sour cream, cheddar cheese.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I love to make it in the crock pot so I can smell it all day while it's cooking. I add cheddar cheese early on so that it's not stringy. The last time I used two cans of cream of celery soup because my celery was bad and that worked out pretty well. If I need to thicken it up, I use instant mashed potato flakes instead of starch or flour.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 7:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008