So I was wondering

Do you think ADD/ADHD and bipolar over diagnosed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Most definitely.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't think bipolar is but I do think ADD?ADHD are in some cases and and not enough in others, does that make sense.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ADD/ADHD has become a sort-of "cop-out" for kids who simply learn differently. (That's certainly not to say that some kids aren't legitimately ADD ~ my son is!) However, bi-polar symptoms that are ACCURATELY diagnosed are pretty hard to fake. It's a physiological illness, not a psychological one like ADD.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• absolutely! I dont like labeling someone, its just as bad as stereotyping. I also think some parents are way to quick to medicate their children when they cant handle their child. My son never stops, he has a hard time concentrating, and he is starting to have trouble in school. My mom says he has add and that if I got him on medication he would feel better but Im afraid he will lose his personality, and I dont want to mess with his little brain. I almost feel like it would be like handing him a joint and telling him to chill out.
    littleblackrose

Answer by littleblackrose at 7:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• for sure!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008