Help in making a resume please. Has any moms used Net-Temps...?

I need help in making a resume please. I've never made one before and had only one job in a dermatology when I was 17 doing some filing mostly. I was a teen and went through some stuff and didn't like the job a lot at the end before just leaving, the people and everyone how they were, even though my sister in law was one of the nurses and she got me the job. It was something really new to me and after a year and some months I think I just stopped going and never wrote a letter on why I was leaving.

Anyone uses or has ever used Net-Temps...? I heard you can create a resume there and they help you I think. Is it free...? I will appreciate it please if anyone can help me.

Really need to make one and need the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've never used nettemps. I did however used to work for a government funded agency originally called CETA, then for years it was called JTPA (Job Training Partnership Act), and now its called ..... can't remember. Anyway they do that very thing, just google jtpa and follow the sites. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• not familiar...gave you a bump. If you are interested in your own business while you are looking...send me a message for the details.
    Good luck and God Bless!!
    Hope to hear from you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Make it as simple as possible. Most employers won't read a resume that is more than a page long.

Also you don't need a fancy template, that might turn employers off as well.

Basically all you need to do is make a one page document in arial or verdana 12 point font.
    At the top centered have your name on the first line, your address on the second and third and your email and phone on the fourth

Then left align your work history and education and any awards you have received.

I can send you mine as an example if you like, just let me know.
    ednahorton

Answer by ednahorton at 4:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I do career and job search coaching (I never charge CafeMoms for my services). I will be happy to walk you through writing a resume.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 PM on May. 26, 2011