Does anyone know of any online jobs that actually pay? I can't find a job and I need to be able to support my baby.

jessifawn87

Asked by jessifawn87 at 1:15 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would go to human services for resources if you need a job that bad. Most online jobs are scams, and if they say they are perfect for you, it's probably too good to be true. Instead of hoping for a high paying online job to magically appear, I would be reassesing your skills, how you are interviewing, where you are looking for work, digging for resources, and maybe considering getting on assistance and going to school for something right away.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Unfortunately, Jessi, Musicmom has nailed it. Many of these online opportunities ask you to put in money up front. Your local Employment Development Department will have loads of resources to help you find work.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Try selling Scentsy or Tubberwear? You can do parties and make a website for people to buy. Plus, if your get a business license(its like $50-$100) you can put a "sticker" or "decal" on your car and make it taxable! =D
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:08 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• @ rkoloms can you help me with the virtual assistant thing? I am amazing with computers and typing skills, but those websites you sent me I can't figure out how to start them.
    jessifawn87

Comment by jessifawn87 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Well this is not a job or a Business but it might help. i just ran into this and to me its cool but its not a fast way to make money unless you have alot of friends any way its Free and i do mean Free so all you do is watch ads thats it watch up to 20 ads aday and you could start earning money but you earn even more money if you get other people to start watching these ads too so come and check it out you have nothing to lose : http://www.varolo.com/village/artzone
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 11:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011