My Son is 17 Months and won't walk..

He'll walk for a few step then he just gives up but he walks on his knees. He runs on his knees and every thing. I have to lotion them up all the time b/c they get soo dry and it looks like it hurts. But is this a bad thing ....what can i do to help make sure he doesn't chose to walk on his knees .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there is nothing to worry about. some kids learn it earlier and some later. and you say that he already walks a few steps. its maybe more comfortable for him to walk on his knees (crawl?)....

do you walk a lot with him? i remember that i walked almost the whole day with my daughter before she learned to walk by herself. it takes a lot of practice. i was first holding her on both hands... after a while i was only holding one hand.. and one day she just started to walk alone. :) She was 14months when she made her first own (alone!) steps. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• O im so happy to read this post my little on is 18 months and wont walk he is very small for his age and always has been.... he will take a few steps and then he will go right back to crawlin as fast as he can go!! Its very frustrating for me cause my other 2 walked at around 13 months and he just has never had the interest in walking and still doesnt even though iv seen him do it!! So dont worry they will get to the point that they are walking and we will wish they werent!! lol I am just very relived im not the only one with a stubborn kid!! lol
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008