What would you do?Mil issue about alcohol

Last year I got sick at my husband's cousin's wedding. We had jsut gotten back from a long road trip from Florida and so I got a little sick and tipsy. My husband was a little upset but then he realized I was dehydrated. My mil thinks I can not handle drinking now. We were at a mayor function and my husbnad had to go to a wake inbetween the function so he left and then his uncle bought me a drink of wine. My mil goes why did he buy you a drink? Are you going to drink that? I figured perhaps she tohught I had to drive her home since we came with my car. I also told her it was not that kind of party since my gf and her husband who party with me were also there and since you had to pay for drinks no one got drunk.Now we have another function and I really do not be a nun and just sit there tending to her while I could drink and party. What should I do? I am under 50, look 35 and feel 100 with this situation. Help Ladies....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Have 2 drinks next time
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You are a grown woman, if you want a drink, have a drink. IF she says anything, let it go in one ear and out the other
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It really doesn't matter what your MIL thinks or says. It's not her choice to make.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Do you think it would cause problems with her and with my husband?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If it does, that's HIS problem.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Smile at her and drink up. You are a grown woman and she needs to learn to keep her nose out of your business.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Tell her it's none of her business. If it causes problems between her and your dh, that's her problem. You're an adult and she's overstepping her boundaries. I'd tell her so too.
    sweetiepye2004

Answer by sweetiepye2004 at 2:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You don't owe her any explanations. Just ignore her.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Does your husband think you have a drinking problem? If he knows you don't have a problem than perhaps he can explain to his mother why you got sick that other time and to lay off with her comments when you have a drink. Either ignore her comments or "politely" tell her that you don't have a drinking problem and are responsible when you drink.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 3:02 PM on May. 25, 2011