ANTS

Every year i get ants around my kitchen sink and living room tv, there isn't even any food there. I have tried spray, traps, outdoors stuff any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Cornmeal. I know it sounds crazy, but it works! If you can find a nest, sprinkle lots of cornmeal on/around it. Sprinkle it all the way around your house (around the base of the outside) and even around the sink.

It is honestly the only thing that we could ever get to work for us!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• how does that work
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:27 PM on May. 25, 2011

• They cannot digest the cornmeal, but the sweetness attracts them. They pick it up and take it back to their nest, the ants all eat it, cannot digest it, and it kills them.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• ~*Terro*~... This stuff kills the entire colony! It comes in an orange package, white/black writing... and is clear... but it is absolutely amazing!!! I usually snag it at OSH
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• AND! Thest best part is that it is natural (so if you have kids/pets it won't hur them), and CHEAP!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5087700_kill-ants-cornmeal.html
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I've heard powdered chalk, but i'm gonna try the cornmeal thing now lol.. have freakin ants all over..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Actually, from what I have read... Grits! Much like how a bird cannor burps, so if given Alcaseltzer they explode... Grits will swell up in the ant and have the same effect... ~*Eeewww*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Boric acid will do the tric got to store by a 2 lb bag of boric acid taok a coffee can punch little bigger than small whole pour boric acid in shack all around out side boarder of house etc and in side take a spoon do the same bye byr ants with in a week a sure thing it helps with roaches also used it in daughter house believe me it works good luck ladies got this from college professor
    alpnest

Answer by alpnest at 1:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I always use grits on any ants around here. Takes care of the problem pretty quickly.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• The cornmeal expands when the ants drink and makes the ants pretty much explode.... We took a mixture honey and borax, put some spoonfuls around the house, and by the ant hills. Mix 1 ltr. Of honey with 5 T of borax, any more and the ants will die before taking it back to their queen. Then inside, take the cornmeal, sprinkle it on your carpets, and counters overnight,.. Then in the am, vacuum and wipe down the counters. Then I bleach the floors.... Good luck. Most important thing to do, it get rid of them outside or they will keep coming inside
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:03 PM on May. 25, 2011