Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Pain "down there" adult content

Sorry if this is TMI...I'm just hoping that someone has experienced something like this before. I have been having discomfort in the vaginal area. It gets really annoying while sitting. I am not pregnant, but the feeling reminds me of the day when my son was born(2yrs ago). It does not hurt to touch the area. It really only bothers me to sit.


Asked by crazy4u49033 at 1:34 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

Level 15 (2,179 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • this answer may be way too much info, but it may be that your vaginal walls are inflamed, it doesnt hurt to the touch but it feels like someone just kicked ya in the crotch!!!! like after having a baby.... i get it sometimes during/before/after my period i didnt know what it was til i asked my doc.... midol and pamprim didnt help with it, i take ibuprofin, cuz its an anti inflammatory but depending on your health factors your doc may recommend something else

    Answer by RobinEsMommy at 1:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • I don't have any advice, but maybe make an appt. with your OB?

    Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!

    Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • thanks, I plan on it if it continues.

    Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Any other symptoms? Redness, discharge? Difficulty urinating? Burning or pain urinating? Have you felt around to see if it is a localized area or is it the entire labial area? Could be prolapsed bladder or uterus or a cyst . . . Go to webmd to check your symptoms.

    Answer by nepenthe429 at 1:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • no redness, no itching, no trouble urinating. It doesn't hurt to the touch. I know it is so wierd. Does anyone have any experience with endometrious(sp???). That is one thing that kept coming up on google.

    Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • It sounds like a urinary tract infection, they tend to hurt like that, but you still should call your OBGYN so they can tell you for sure

    Answer by ttk2 at 2:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • not an UTI....I have had that before. This is more toward the vaginal opening.

    Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • are you finding parts of your womb lining (endometrium) outside the womb?
    might want to have this checked out since endometriosis is a serious problem!
    are you between ages 25-49? here are symptoms:
    Painful and heavy periods, as well as chronic pelvic pain
    Bleeding between periods
    Pain when having sexual intercourse
    Fertility problems
    Tiredness and depression
    Painful bowel movements or bleeding from the rectum
    Bleeding between periods

    from what you said, i don't think you have this...only because you hurt ONLY when you sit
    is it more sore or stingy? what is the pain like? and from 1-10 how bad does it hurt?
    does the intensity of the pain worsen each time you sit or is it the same severity?
    sounds like the tissue on the outside is inflamed but not on the inside? which might mean allergic reaction to something?

    Answer by Liz4Life at 2:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Thanks for the info Liz!\

    The pain is more like a throbby type pain. It pretty much stays the same. I would say a 4-5 on the scale.

    Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • oh sometimes it feels almost cervical

    Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on May. 25, 2011