Naming pattern

Do you have a naming pattern? I know people who gave all their kids the same middle name, same initials, or named them in alphabetical order. I know someone who's girls all have the mom's initials and the boys have the dad's.

I only have one dd. But if we were to have another there would not be a pattern.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:46 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Baby Names

• the first names of both my kids are 5 letters and their middle names are longer. it just happened that way, it wasnt a pattern.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have 5 kids and all of their names are 7 letters long, as are mine and my husbands. (Stephen, Melissa, Michael, etc.) It really didn't start out that way, but it did determine how we spelled Kathryn and Rebecca.

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My parents did that - they both started with a J and so did me and my sister.
    My son is Max - if we were to have another, it would not be a pattern, just a name we liked.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Both of our kids have a 6-letter first name, a 5-letter middle name, and both middle names start with R. Not intentional, it wasn't even noticed until after the fact. My husband now wants a third with initials B R (the two we have are C R and A R). I've told him I'll consent to having a third when he can come up with a 6-letter B name and a 5-letter R name for a boy and a girl that I'll actually agree to (I don't want any more kids).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No, we didn't do that. I realized a few years after our kids were born that our middle initials follow a pattern, sort of. I'm Julie A and my sons are Kyle B and Jacob C, but my husband is the odd man out as Troy R.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Some people may call it a pattern. All of my children will have names that are either Irish, Scottish, or Welsh in origin. It isn't for the sake of having a naming pattern, but it is something we chose to do to honor our heritage.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• no pattern here but on my dad's side of the family every firstborn son has the same middle name. Has been going back generations. I thought about using that name as a first name for my son.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I only have one DD but we won't follow any type of name pattern when we have another one.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• my husband is dale and has brothers david and daryl. drives me nuts! my girlfriend is jannine and has sisters colleen and nadine.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 2:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I only have on DD right now, but if I have another, no I will not do any pattern.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 7:01 PM on May. 25, 2011