TMI...

I'm currently 27weeks and I masturbate b/c my partner is out of the country. My question is, I've been doing it all along and nothing has really happened, but I always fear preterm labor...since the orgasm with masturbation is stronger than a regular orgasm could this start premature labor?...Doc hasn't had me abstain from sex and I haven't had any prior medical problems...Any advice would do! Thanksss!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No.
    Sperm is what causes the cervix to thin, and it won't do it unless the cervix has already started to itsself.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't think there would be anything wrong with it.... i did it a few times while I was pregnant and I was induced 3 days before i hit 40 weeks. LOL So i think you should be fine
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Though orgasm can lead to starting contractions, so can just about anything physical, so don't worry! Avoid nipple stimulation, though, lol! That can be a troublemaker!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You should be fine. Do you have a history of preterm labor? Like mentioned above, sperm is what softens and preps your cervix. Orgasms can cause contractions, but most likely would stop and not start labor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008