Venting!

My boss told me to give her the dates i'm taking vacation time, cause my co-worker is taking off from the middle of July to the middle of August, she didn't even tell me that she was and we work side by side. I'm so pissed off cause if that was me it would not have went down like that, how long did my boss know. I found out through another co-worker that she is going away to sing in a play, my co-worker don't communicate with me and she don't have any kids and I have two and one will be out of school for the summer. I want to confront her so bad, she is so mean and does things like this on purpose

ttk2

Asked by ttk2 at 2:00 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• yes she should have mentioned it to you as a courtesy, but honestly just b/c she is taking vacation for something YOU see as less important or because she doesn't have kids shouldn't matter at all, it's her vacation she can use it however she wants, same for you. Now if you purchased plane tickets or made reservations for something already I would think you would've discussed this with your boss before you made the purchase. Anyhow, I hope it works out for you.

yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Why the hell do you care when your co-worker is taking a vacation or what they are doing on their vacation? I don't get what your issue is with this. So what your co-work is going to be gone a month and that was already approved, etc. Your boss and your co-worker are NOT obligated to tell you when your co-worker is going on vacation. Seriously......
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes seriously..lol, we work at the front desk and we are supposed to tell one another when we are taking off work, so that we don't book the same dates and my boss thought that she said something to me, i guess i should have been more technical in my vent
    ttk2

Comment by ttk2 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Why does your co worker have to tell you if she's taking time off? It's between her and the boss. As the boss myself, it's not your business how long anyone knew anything. Getting angry about something you don't even have all the facts on is foolish. No one said you weren't going. And I must agree with the first poster. You having kids doesn't make your time more important than hers.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:59 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think OP is saying only one person can take vacation at a time.......so its a courtesy
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:00 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I understand. If you guys communicate about things like this often, then she could have been courtesy enough to tell you. Its sorta like that at my job too so I understand.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Your right me having kids shouldn't have anything to do with it, and I'm venting because we don't have a good work repor with each other and she feel that she don't have to say anything but that's not the way we work around here and she knows it, if I was taking off she would know all the dates and i will make sure she is not taking off those dates before i put them in. I'm not going to say anything to her, my other co-worker said something to my boss and she said that she should have mentioned it to us, I know it's not going to change anything but in the future I wish she would tell me also the dates not where she's going, I know it's none of my business.
    ttk2

Comment by ttk2 (original poster) at 3:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Just consider it part of the job and give her your dates. I wouldn't take it so personal.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Your right, I'm not taking it personal, it's our work relations that gets to me and some things I feel she does on purpose, but i'm going to take it with a grain of salt. It's just common courtesy
    ttk2

Comment by ttk2 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ok, I see what you mean. I think you may be frustrated because you want to make plans and such. Just out of curiosity, what makes you think someone did this on purpose?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:55 PM on May. 25, 2011