My sister is pregant - Looking for an appropriate book to send her

My 19 yo sister has recently become pregnat unexpectedly. As I am living in Sydney and she is at home in Ireland. I feel I can't be there to support her as much as I would like to. I decided it would be a good idea to order a good book for her online. However all the books for pregnat teens seem to be aimed at choices and legal rites etc. She has chosen to keep the baby which we are delighted about so I don't want her to think I'm trying to throw "options" at her. Can anyone recommend a really nice, well written and informative book about the reality of young motherhood? I'd actually like something light hearted, warm and supportive. Any ideas?

orlamc

Asked by orlamc at 2:02 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I LOVE , A Child Is Born, by Lennart Nilson. It has amazing in utero pics, and lots of info. I also liked What to Expect When You're Expecting.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Check out, belly laughs, and baby laughs by Jenny mcarthy. The books tell you things most doctors won't tell you, and make bigger things seems not so big.... I loved them
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:10 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I LOVED all of the What To Expect books...What To Expect When You Are Expecting is the first
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yeah, I saw the Jenny McCarty books on Amazon, they were well reviewed. As a student nurse I don't agree at ALL with her opinions on vaccinations. I have to admit, it's kind of put me off her on principal. But if there good and not vaccine related, maybe I should give them a go :)
    orlamc

Comment by orlamc (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• yes the what to expect books are great. they really throw all the info out there. best wishes and good health to her !!
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 2:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree, I'm very against what she says about vaccinations... But she really doenst preach that in her books.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Would also like a book focusses on the pyschology of becoming a yound mother unexpectedly. As well as offering practical advice on everything from pregnancy, money issues, coping, relationships etc etc etc.
    orlamc

Comment by orlamc (original poster) at 2:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ok, I might be sold on Jenny McCarthy's book. Think I might have to do one serious informatvie teenage pregnacy one and Jenny McCarthy's funny one...a good balance I think :)
    orlamc

Comment by orlamc (original poster) at 2:27 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:35 PM on May. 25, 2011

• what to expect when expecting i loved
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 3:06 PM on May. 25, 2011