Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Counseling help...?

I don't have insurance, can I get help, talk to someone, like a school counselor about marriage, work and I guess everything else, problems... ? I live in San Diego, CA. Is there anywhere for free that I can go to and talk...? I'm not interested in online forums. I don't have friends, I just need to talk to someone for advice and to give me a helping hand. My family, I feel I can't go to them for that kind of support.

Please help. Thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

Answers (9)
  • If you go to a church try talking to your pastor. If not maybe try calling around, explain to them your situation and they might help you. Best of luck

    Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • First Avenue Counseling Centre
    San Diego headquarters
    2333 First Avenue, Suite 204, San Diego CA 92101
    Ramona location
    1308 Main Street, Suite 206, Ramona, CA 92065
    Tel 619.685.0041 - Fax 619.685.0042 - Voicemail 619.685.3376

    Family Health Centers of San Diego
    823 Gateway Center Way,
    San Diego, California, USA 92102
    Telephone: 619-515-2300
    Fax: 619-237-1856

    24-hour San Diego Crisis Line 800.479.3339

    © Copyright 2002-2011 First Avenue Counseling Centre


    Answer by chgomom at 2:10 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Try a local college psch department, sometimes they have counseling available on a sliding scale. Good luck mama!

    Answer by Dahis at 2:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • I'd try calling a few listed above and googling it. They may refer you to a community center close to you. Always find someone to talk to when you feel the need. Best wishes.

    Answer by chgomom at 2:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Yes, church is the only free place that I can think of too. At most churches you don't even have to be going there, they are just happy to help:) Well if you even just want to talk I don't mind at all if you want to message me - Good Luck:)

    Answer by Ellie15 at 2:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • we are all here for you, lets start
    what is bothering you most?

    Answer by Liz4Life at 2:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Many therapists have income-based sliding scales, also you might check into local universities with a program in counseling. Students have to do a certain number of supervised hours of counseling for their licensing, and sometimes their services are available to the public for low cost.,298277&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL (copy &paste to your browser) (explain your situation to them)

    DO THE WORK, make this your number one priority!!! feel free to message, i wont bite :)

    Answer by Liz4Life at 2:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • You deserve all of the help you can get no matter how much money you may or may not have, You are a stuggling human being. Try googling a place called Chrysalis for Woman. They may have one where you live. Hang in there girl!

    Answer by kdwiegandt at 8:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • you should have a health department in your area and they do free councling for many diffrent things just go up there and tell them what your looking for an they are sure to help":)

    Answer by aliciareichle at 3:27 PM on May. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.