Babies and scheduling help

I have a DD who is four months. She is not on a schedule, but I would love to get her on one. I am SAHM and want to be able to get things done around the house. I have tried feeding her on a schedule and do naps at certain time, but it does not work. Right now she is up anywhere from 5-630 am, eats and is up until the early afternoon, when she takes (if I am lucky) an 1 hour nap. I have tried to do house chorus, but I have been not so successful. It is hard, when she is screaming her head off.

Any suggestions of how to make my routine better and be able to do things aroun the house with a LO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't suggest putting the baby on a schedule...could you wear her and do things? my 4mo is pretty content in his baby carrier while i get stuff done, so were my other 3 when they were babies.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• At that age I had to do things in short bursts- ten minutes to do the dishwasher or start some laundry, etc. There was not an hour of time to clean the bathroom so I would just do what I could when I got the chance and the rest I got to when I got to. At 4 months my dd's schedule was pretty much set by her, as she got closer to 6-7 months things finally got more regular and I could kind of count on what she would be doing when- so the good news is she may settle into something in a few short months. In the meantime, do you have a swing, carrier, exersaucer, etc? I would put my dd in the exersaucer in whatever room I was working on and then talk to her while I did my chores and that would keep her interest for a while, too. Just do your best and try to work with your dd's natural habits to set a schedule as best you can, things will get more regular as she grows a bit more. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Scheduling a baby is like herding cats, really. Keep to routines,. but expect you won't get much done around the house... not as much as pre-baby.

A sling can really help if you really want to push for the same amount of work done.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on May. 25, 2011