What to do when people think you are too BIG to become pregnant? adult content

I was in a size 11 pants when I got pregnant with my son. I gained 42 pounds with him. Now almost 6 yrs later I am a size 16. Since I had him, He had horrific colic, His father always worked long hours, I had depression, I spent 3 yrs getting a degree, I had a bad car accident and I just didn't have time to worry about my appearance. I am already having a hard time with feeling this big and now I hear people are concerned with us trying because of my weight. WTF? Isn't having a baby worth the weight gain? Isn't it MY issue? Am I that f-ing disgusting? I am NOT going to apologize for taking care of what I NEEDED to and NOT having the time or energy to work out!
I had a miscarriage and then Toxemia with my son. I have Polycystic ovaries. Really the weight can come off any time in the future. It's the least of my concerns. People just act like the weight gain will "ruin" me. My husband is totally pissed at all these ignorant bitches that are suppose to be my family. I guess they'd rather see me a size 4 than see me be happy. I know I have looked better and I'm bigger than I've ever been. I just don't see why it actually seems to bother everyone else more than it does me. I try to be healthy but am always on the go and I put myself last.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think those people are ignorant........unless a person can walk in another's shoes, they have NO right to judge. NO RIGHT! Hugs to you
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Size 16 is not too big to be pregnant.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:27 PM on May. 25, 2011

• a size 16 isn't that big, you can still get pregnant, maybe try taking a 15 minute walk everyday if you can. It will help you feel so much better! It will feel good to be outside with the fresh air and it will help you feel rejuvenated! Sorry your family is being so mean!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ignore them. I was a size 14 before I got pregnant and gained 40 lbs too. Even though I gained a lot I was still healthy and I had a vaginal good delivery! Both times I got pregnant it was the samething. The hard thing is trying to loose the weight back down to a size 14. I never want ot be any other size!! My husband is happy with me just the way I am too!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• and btw I've heard some people call a woman that was a size 5 fat.... some people are just dumbasses!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I weighed 220 when I got pregnant with my first child I gained 30lbs. all me and weighed 230 when I got pregnant with my second and 220 again with my 3rd I am down to 198 now....as long as you can get pregnant and your weight isnt an issue for you and you don;t gain more then the dr. says then screw what others think it;s your life not theirs
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:35 PM on May. 25, 2011

• that what size i was when i was preg with my son, and to be honest i lost weight when i was preg, the total i gained was 8lbs and after i had him i lost 30lbs.
    they thought i has PCOS for year (did some test and just found out i dont thank GOD). im going to an infertility doc and we are going to do IVF at the end of the year, but i have to loose at least 40 more lbs before i can do it, ive already lost 45lbs. they say being at a normal wight help your chances of getting preg. especially with PCOS its a lil harder to get preg, but i know many woment start loosing weight that have PCOS and get preg right away... hope this helps
    if you can get preg without loosig weight then do it :)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 2:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree w/ ABeaver!!!!! Heck, you might gain very little weight! Really it is your own business (and your doctors, I mean as long as you are healthy). If you feel comfortable, healthy and like you are physically ready to put on some weight to have a baby go for it!!!!! Don't worry what others think!!!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 2:47 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Your size should have nothing to do with getting pregnant. If you were severely obese(200+ lbs over you 'ideal' body weight)you may have more trouble, but a size 16 is noise. Loosing weight may help with the other issues you have, but getting pregnant and carrying a baby is not an issue.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 3:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Hmmm I can understan dhow u feel... but u know what just chuck what people have to say.... Y dont u talk to urself and findout what u want??? I mean do u really wanna lose some pounds??? it will indeed be good for u... to get into shape and be healthy so that ur pregnancy is normal... its not about what others have to say.. its abt how u wanna feel about urself and please DO NOT TREAT URSELF AT THE LEAST IMPORTANT PERSON.
    Sanagunjan

Answer by Sanagunjan at 6:24 AM on May. 26, 2011