Baptism gifts

I was recently asked to be my BF's daughters god mother we are catholic but I am not a very "educated" catholic any way my question is should I get her a special gift and if so what?

twiggee

Asked by twiggee at 2:42 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Crucifix or Statue of her patron Saint is always great from the God parents.
    daps

Answer by daps at 2:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What is her age?
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• She was born Feb. 23rd
    twiggee

Comment by twiggee (original poster) at 3:08 PM on May. 25, 2011

• How do I know what her patron Saint is?
    twiggee

Comment by twiggee (original poster) at 3:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Well you can with her name if she's named after a Saint, or ask her parents which Saints name they are going to use at her Baptism.
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:12 PM on May. 25, 2011

• There's all kinds of stuff on gifts.com. That is where I got my sons gift for first communion. Just message me if you still need some help.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• This will be a baby's baptism and not a teen's confirmation, correct? You could do a rosary, a baby bracelet, a cross for her room. Savings bonds are very popular baptism gifts.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have no idea... at my baptism (we are mormon) I got a tri scripture with the new and old testiments, the book of mormon, and a bunch of other stuff, but catholic idk...
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 11:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• There is a store on Schuyler in Kankakee where you will be able to find something for your soon-to-be Goddaughter. Both my daughter and son were just baptized at the begining of the month and they received a rosary made out of legos (http://www.etsy.com/shop/MementoMoose), a cross for each of them to hang in their rooms, and a bible. Good luck on finding something and congrats on being chosen to be her Godmother!
    watchingover2

Answer by watchingover2 at 12:35 AM on May. 30, 2011