For those of you with military knowledge:

I've tried looking online but I'm not really getting any where. I'm married, my husband is an E-4 in the Army. We have two children together. He is currently deployed to a war zone. How much is he making a month? He won't tell me how much he makes, told me to look it up online, but insists he can't afford to send more than $600 a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Looking for it now. You should be able to Google Army Pay Charts 2011. He should be getting hazardous duty pay, combat pay, possibly family sep, and his base pay. Do you live on base or off?
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It has been a while for a me, so I am a little fuzzy. But if I am not mistaken, he is deployed so his food is free unless he eats out, nothing for housing. So he shouldn't need much besides spending money. That being said, I know an E-4 doesn't make very much but I know it is more than 600 a month. I would be concerned why he wouldn't tell me upfront and wanted me to find out for myself.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It is not dependent on how many dependents he has...just if he has them which he obviously does. It depends on how long he has been in.... oh and the dependents only matters if they live off post. His base pay should be around $2200 depending on how long he has been in. That is per month. You would subtract several things from that though. But then add on all the extras I talked about in my previous post.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No, I don't, Ronnies_Girl. As I mentioned, we have two children.

I live off base.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I believe he has been in almost 4 years, he's due for re-enlistment.
    I don't know if it matters but he has a college degree.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Depending on your zip code he is getting BAH. Family Sep: $425, I am not sure whether Iraq is getting combat pay, Afghanistan was only 250 for hazard pay and then regular base pay maybe 1200. He can afford to send you more than $600. If your legally married and your children are his children then you need to talk to the Chaplin and his normal base and see what they say.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I checked the pay site. He should be getting around $2200 for base pay. The college degree does not matter. Where you live matters if you are living off post. If not then that doesn't matter. He should be getting BAS which is $236, Family Sep for Air Force is $250. I don't see that changing between services...it is federal. I am Active Duty currently.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My husband's e5 BASE pay was about 1900 a month while active.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• According to the 2011 paycharts which I accessed it is $2200. Not sure when your husband was in Matthew.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on May. 25, 2011