So how does a ultrasound tell you weeks and days frm lmp if you dont memeber your lmp im confused? and if they do date you off lmp thats means when i thought it was implantation bleeding it wasnt it was my actually period?

weezyanna09

Asked by weezyanna09 at 2:46 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I couldn't remember when my last period was. I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive then went to the doctor and they did an internal ultrasound and told me how far along I was.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Implantation bleeding is usually brown or pink...a regular period bright red blood thats heavy then lightens up i dont think you would mistake it for your period
    hotcherry21

Answer by hotcherry21 at 2:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If you are pregnant then you had a full period at LEAST 4 weeks ago. If you had any bleeding after that it may have been implantation. The ultrasound measures the baby bean from head to rump to estimate how developed it is and that gives them an estimated. LMP date. This is because 'weeks' in pregnancy start counting form the first day of you last period pre-conception. Your estimated conception date would be 2 weeks past your estimated LMP.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• They go off of standard measurements to come up with approximate gestation. They often go by the earliest ultrasound 6-8 weeks because that is the most accurate.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• An ultrasound gives you a gestational age estimated from development of the embryo from conception. They then add 2 weeks to the date when the egg was fertilized as an estimated LMP. Your period could have actually been before or after that date, depending on whether you ovulated earlier or later than 2 weeks afterwards, but that's the standard calculation in the medical profession.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• So for the girl who said she didnt remember her lmp then she got an ultrasound and they told her how far she was what did they date you off conception or estimated lmp?
    weezyanna09

Comment by weezyanna09 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on May. 26, 2011