baby boy names

so my husband and dont see eye to eye on boy names lol we know for sure we wana use my grandfathers middle name Oscar he passed away two months ago and we were really close but we dont agree on a first name
any ideas ladies?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• first of all what names were you 2 thinking of of and we could tell you which ones we like best from 1-10 or something
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My husband and I couldn't see eye to eye either. We ended up with an Elijah and a Jacob. I wanted Mason or Adam and he wanted Jeremiah but everytime I heard it, I couldn't help but think "bullfrog" lol Anyway, those are the names that I like. I also like Samuel, Kyle, and Ryan. Oscar is a hard one to find a first name that flows. Sorry about your grandfather.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• lol we have been thinking of lots lol but here is my fav and his fav

I like Paxton
    sage
    or Brycin

He likes
    Jaxson
    Donald
    Jessie

i dont like any of his names but maybe Jaxson he doesnt like any of mine lol

we need knew ideas

Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ok out of all of them i don't feel a flow with oscar but i love the name sage that is definatlly a 10 did you guys think pf ways of maybe combining the names in a way that way you both had a choice in the name?
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My husband and I chose our baby names years ago, but I still got a baby book and we read it together--it was pretty fun! Our book was "Names Your Child Can Live With" and went from Tried & True to Slightly Daring to Off the Wall, it was very entertaining!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yeah we thought about it but its really importent to me that my son is named after his grandfather after all we are having a boy so he will always have my husbands side of the family name hes getting his last name. i know sounds selfish i just was really close with my grandfather and its sad to think he wont be around to watch him grow up.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my sons name is elijah dallas.thats all i got i was so happy i dont have to pick another boy name they are so hard. I di know ant that would go with Oscar sorry
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 5:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If we'd had a daughter she was going to have the middle name Verena, after my grandmother who passed away this summer. That goes with NOTHING! However, other than on her birth announcement and wedding invitation, her middle name isn't really going to matter all that much! I think using names that you both love is a million times more important than how things "flow".

And LOL, I just met a baby named Oscar, such a cute little guy! I'm sure he'll get called a Grouch fairly often, but if someone wants to tease you, they're going to find a way no matter what your name is!

KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Do you have another grandfather that you could use a first name? Or great grandfather? That would warm so hearts of parents :)
    My son has 2 middle names, after my dad and my husbands dad. I didn't think it would mean so much to them, but they really liked it. For first names, we went more tradtional. I like Old Testament names for boys. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• we used my SO brothers name as our middle name i didnt want to, michael and i picked the first name hayden.. at first my SO hated the name hayden but he started using it and claims he came up with it now.. haha i let him
    Anonymous