How to make it not sooo mundane

wake up take DD to school, come home feed other 2 clean .. 3 hrs. pick up DD from school..come home..kids go play...eat lunch..clean...eat dinner..clean..go to bed...of course throw in computer,TV and napping in the mix,but that's my basic life EVERY day...nothing changing...I'm getting sooo bored and it's only been like this 2 months..i start school in Aug. but until then this is what i have to look forwardtoo...any ideas on how to jazz it up a bit? its too hot for me to actually be outside..I live in FL..I used to take them to the park to break things up a bit but it;s just miserable for me to do that now.

happymama02

Asked by happymama02 at 2:49 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It's tough I used to live in FL too. Is there a community pool you could take them too? Or a shady park?
    Or maybe set up a kiddie pool and let them play outside and wade in it whenever they get hot. If you can spend as much of the day outside there's less cleaning to do inside.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• How about finding a hobby, one you can do with your little ones one day a week? Then on another day you could have play school with them for a half hour/hour, and on another day they could help you make lunch or dinner (let them choose the menu & everything), etc. When you clean, how about making it a game & get the littles to help? They can match socks, toss clothes into the washer or fold towels. If you're dusting, put a sock on their hands & let them dust the baseboards or lower cabinets or put socks on their feet & let them dry your freshly mopped floor, etc. Instead of just sending them out to play, have 'em help & make it fun. Sure, it might take a little longer to do your chores, but you'll have fun doing it & so will they. Every once in a while toss in a "field trip" to the library, the zoo, a fast food restaurant (they can practice manners), the park or wherever it would be fun to go.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:13 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Try to find different activites to keep the kids and you busy and out of the house for a little bit each day? Sadly though it sounds like my life. boring and routine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Maybe something with arts and crafts?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have always said I am not a SAHM type...unless i had unlimited fund-age...I don;t know how so many woman do this for yrs.!! I like the sox on the hands idea...my oldest is always helping me anyways and this way my middle child can too..thanks.

happymama02

Comment by happymama02 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Hey there, I live in FL too. Story time at the library is a really good way to kill some time, entertain the kids and meet some new people. The library has storytimes for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Sounds like your oldest is in VPK, been there done that with both of my kids. Find a park that is shady and put bug repellant on the kids. Bring lots of cold drinks and you are good. We have a great shady park near us that we used to go to with a bunch of moms and kids that we met at story time. Other SAHM's are good for telling you what's going on around town that you can do for free or very little money.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks I forgot about storytime I will have too look into that. It would be nice to get to know someother SAHM's my 1 and only friend lives a good hr. away so i don;t get adult interaction much...which i think is alot of the problem.
    happymama02

Comment by happymama02 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You can let the kids make up a play and then you an video tape them doing it. You can also do craft time or make playdough with them and let them scuplt fun things out of it.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Sounds like my life! Meetup.com saved me!
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 11:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• One of the theatres in my town has free kids movies once a week in the summer; even if not free, they are air conditioned and matinees are cheap. Take short day trips, there are lots of interesting places in Fl. Don't know where you are, but St Augustin is good for kids and adults
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:35 AM on May. 26, 2011