Just Curious .... adult content

I just got married on 5-21-2011 the father to my second child hasn't seen his son since February 12, 2011 and hasn't done anything for him except make my life a living hell...and of course pro-longing everything ... i have filled wit DOR for a DNA test, and for childsupport but should I just for go the childsupport & have him sign his rights over since he has made no attempt at seeing his son... let alone i honestly don't want him visiting with his son unless i am there because of his past? am i wrong for wanting him to sign over his rights...

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 3:11 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Either you get child support from him OR you ask him to sign over rights. You don't get to have it both ways.
    Now, if he wants nothing to do with the kid, let him waive his rights. If he is going to want visitation and such, file for child support.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't want it both way's if he want's to see his son he will have supervised visit's in the state of mass where i and his son lives... if he doesn't should i just have him sign over his rights....that's what i am asking?
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If he hasn't made any attempt to see his son in 3 months it seems pretty obvious he doesn't want to be a father anyways. Let him sign over his rights especially if he's a bad influence. If he suddenly changes his mind and "wants" to be a part of his son's life, he needs to pay child support.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 3:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

• In light of your clarification... I say yes. If he doesn't want visitation then he should sign over his rights. Does that help?
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 3:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• yes it does help ... the sad part is my son has a sibling he will never see a lil baby sister cause his dad got someone else (an ex friend of mine) pregnant after getting me pregnant he's not a good influence with the past i've seen and been told about im worried for my son's safety
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• BUMP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You need to decide what is in the best interest of your son. None of us know how good or bad of a father he is when he is with your son.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 6:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• well so far he hasn't been great the two time's he seen him where when he was a new born and he was iffy bout him then...
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on May. 25, 2011