When should i take a blood pregnancy test?? Help...plz

Hi,
I took a home preg test days after my missed period and came out negtve.
nw its been abt 2 months that i get my period. I read blood test will give more accurate result. so when is the best time to take that one? Nw is it proper time ( i.e. 2 months)??

MerinGeen

Asked by MerinGeen at 3:12 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• as soon as you can find out what places offer it
    alainalee

Answer by alainalee at 3:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Have you taken a HPT since then... If not try that before paying for a blood test.. If you are pregnant, two months is enough time to get a positive for most pregnancies..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Try another over the counter pregnancy test first. if you are 8 weeks it should come up with a bright positive. Then call your OBGYN to come in for a visit.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• HPTs never worked for me. The hormones levels they check for are slow to change and elevate in me. A blood test was the best way for me to go. If you test again and get a negative but fell that you are pregnant, go get a blood test. My doctor required a positive blood test before any prenatal care. My doctor and the lab are in the same building, so doctor got the result that day.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 3:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

• As far as when to take a blood test, it can be taken as soon as your missed cycle, the same or even soon than a HPT.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 3:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i have a frend who never tested positve on a HPT and didn't kno she was prego until 3 months because she was having what she believed was a period. I would call and make an appt.
    Hopeful_Gam

Answer by Hopeful_Gam at 4:37 PM on May. 25, 2011