What should I pack in my bag for the hospital?

So far i have my music, and socks... I am lost at what to take with me any help would be appreciated.

alainalee

Asked by alainalee at 3:18 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly I didn't use that much. I stayed in my hospital gown cuz my cloths were too restrictive and i wanted to keep pressure off my c/s incision. I took a travel bathroom case. A paci was my best friend one night. I never would have gotten sleep w/o it. Take camera and one or two outfits for the baby to take pictures in. My hospital didn't allow parents cloths on them other than for pics cuz of security concerns. Harder to walk out w/ a baby who is wearing hospital cloths.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• cell phone, money for vending machines, camera, baby outfit for when come home, outfit for you to wear home, carseat, hard candy, hospital should give you diapers, pacifier, extra wipes. baby book to mark moments you might forget later, food to snack on since hospital food not the greatest, underclothes for you, they will give you a gown and pjs and some will even do socks, brush or comb, makeup and deogrant.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I actually have to admit that my husband packed my bag for me (almost 12 yrs ago). He did a terrific job too. Here are a few of the items that I remember him putting in. Toothbrush, toothpaste, (hospital brand makes me sick), hair brush, underwear, my nursing bra, pj's, socks, my own brand of menstrual pads. Shampoo, deoderant, playing cards, and my electronic wheel of fortune game. It was all things that I didn't think about really. The main reason that he packed was because I went into labor early and had to be rushed into the hospital before I had a chance to pack my bag. While I am giving him these big cudos I have to add that after he saw how I did the diaper bag he took over on that too. I always had what I needed, and then some. Also if we were out and someone else needed something I usually had it. He even made sure that I had extra pads,& undies for myself. Crazy but great!
    msmommy123

Answer by msmommy123 at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• comfortable panties, socks, pajamas n pads n toothbrush. thats all i packed n i dont think i needed anything else besides a baby bag. then i just packed a couple of outfits the hospital here provided everything else for her.
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• All you REALLY need is whatever would make YOU feel co mfortable and maybe one outfir to bring baby home in. Diapers, wipes, powder, paci, pads for you... the hospital will provide all that.
    One thing no one ever suggests that I personally found extremely useful is an EMPTY tote bag. You will be bringing home WAY more than what you bring in. Samples, paperwork, samples, gifts from visitors, samples, magazines & booklets & pamphlets, oh and samples lol. My first son I got a hand knit blanket, cap, and booties that volunteers m de for all the new arrivals, my second son I got a manual breast pump, both of them I got a small diaper bag full of goodies. One of my friends got the cushiest bathrobe I've ever seen! I was so jealous lol
    So yeah, an extra bag is a good idea.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:47 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Bring granola bars for late night feedings and your baby book. Usually you can ask the nurses to do feet and hand prints right in the book if they aren't too busy. Remember your camera and to grab a newspaper from the day baby is born. Warm socks, extra hair ties and boppy pillow are also nice to have:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 4:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I took two night gowns, two comfortable maternity underware, comfortable bra for nursing and support. Things I needed for showering and brushing my teeth, hair, ect. A book, crossword puzzle, outfit for the baby, a baby blanket, hat, booties, 2 diapers. After my first son was born, i took his picture with me for the second. ANything you may need to be comfortable during labor and after. Good Luck!!!!
    pinky5674

Answer by pinky5674 at 4:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Take some night gowns, pajama pants, bras, panties, ipod, puzzle books, books to read, soap, lotion, hair supplies, I wish I had packed all this stuff when I went because after I gave birth my hair was so messed up and I only brought night gowns because I had my son in july so it was hot but the room they had me in was freezing I wish I had some sweat pants but I did pack clothes for me and baby to go home in but pack whatever keeps you entertained because its boring at least to me in the hospital
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Pajamas, underwear, nursing bra or regular bra if your not nursing, Receiving blanket, baby clothes (booties, hat ets.) soap, toothpaste, shampoo maybe, deodorant. in case you cant get a shower take a light body spray to keep you smelling ok. Boppy pillow, Magazines/books, Camera. I don't know its all at your discretion on what you feel you will need. Good luck!
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 8:35 PM on May. 25, 2011