Love or Respect.

If you could choose one which would it be in your marriage or relationship. Alot of books said men chose respect and woman chose love so im curious.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 3:27 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Love, you can respect someone and not love them. but you cannot love someone without respecting them... at least not true love
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 4:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• They are the same thing in my book
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't see how you could love someone you didn't have respect for.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• lol, that's what I was gonna say.. To me they are the same thing.. I didn't think you can have one without the other; in a relationship that is...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think that many women (just like many men actually) do equate them to being one in the same or at the minimum that they go hand and hand. Most every man I have known in my 48 years as equated respect as being a part of "love" or being shown love in terms of their romantic/interpersonal/love relationships. The woman surveyed may have stated "love" however just looking around CM on any given day it's clear that many women equate love and respect as equal partners when it comes to their relationships as well. One of the main complaints voiced by many women here on CM (in regards to their relationship/marriage) is that they do not feel respected an appreciated. So I would have to say that I personally feel that many women feel "respect" is a major part of the "love equation" and one that they have a want and need for.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think at this point............Respect
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Respect
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• respect
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Respect

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree with Fistandantalus.

They go hand and hand.. For me personally, giving/receiving respect is part of the very beginnings/development of feelings of love, and has a great part in cultivating/maintaining those loving feelings.. If a partner does not respect you, how can you have and keep loving feelings flowing for that partner..Does that make any sense at all ( I'm still waking up.. lol)?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:33 PM on May. 25, 2011