Is Obama working on gun control under the table?

The Washington Post did a story on Steve Crowley, the White House gun control czar. Crowley is considered to be an expert on regulation and tort law. His approach to gun control appears to be a regulatory one.

According to the article, Jim and Sarah Brady visited Capital Hill on March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan; to push for a ban on "large magazines."

The couple reportedly were meeting with press secretary, Jay Carney, when, according to Sarah Brady, the President came in. She said the President told her he wanted to talk about gun control and "fill us in that it was very much on his agenda."

She went on to say Obama told her, "I just want you to know that we are working on it. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

The statement reinforces an article in the Huffington Post describing how the administration is exploring ways to bypass Congress and enact gun control through executive action.

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=9614

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obama-gun-laws-congress_n_836138.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:29 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

•  

Sssssshhhhhhhh, Be vewwwwy vewwwwy qwiet … He's a partisan leader of the fwee world who's hunting We-publicans...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• He could be but its highly doubtful that once its on the table it will go too far.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Marxist idiot. No doubt he is.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I hope so. My state is trying to legalize concealed carry with NO permit and NO training. We need someone to regulate on the power hungry monsters in my state,
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My state is trying to legalize concealed carry with NO permit and NO training

What state? I hope they succeed.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 3:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

• grly..best answer!!! LMBO!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks Dull.. But I can't take credit... I owe the inspiration to HotAir..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What state? I hope they succeed.

Ohhh no Carpy, I bet you've pissed off another whiny arse Nanny McGovee-loving-liberal... ;o)   Last I checked there weren't caveats, fine print, or additional jargon to the, " the right of the people to keep and bear Arms"....  Siwwwy 2nd Amendment....  It all comes back to the Obamaology of "fundamentally transforming America"

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ohhh no Carpy, I bet you've pissed off another whiny arse Nanny McGovee-loving-liberal...

Then I have done my job for the day:)
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 3:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Everything can't be on the front page all the time.

Wow...a democrat working on gun control..shocking! I've never heard of democrats supporting gun control! What a crazy extremist!
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:59 PM on May. 25, 2011