Do u have any special plans when all of your children are off to college and or out of your house

As much as i love and adore my babies i am gonna LOVE it when they are off to college.
I am going to travel for like a month at a time! I might even do a road trip just me and my hubby lol
but thats a looong way from now...until than i will just live in the moment of them being my little ppl

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 3:49 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My youngest is eight so it's not anywhere in my near future, so no.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I'm at that stage of life right now.

Loving it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I are having an amazing time right now. It's like going back to those first 6 years we were married before we had our son.. lol.. We are doing so many things together and just really enjoying life and all it has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I do dearly love and miss my son (he is attending university across country from us), however I wouldn't trade this time/phase of life for the world.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• that's another 11yrs...dh wants to move to 'the islands' (he hasn't picked which, yet)...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I am going to become a nudist....beware when you knock on my door.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• At shaken lol me too!!
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 3:59 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I will sleep for two weeks straight. Then I'll figure out what I want to do. :)
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My youngest is 9 years old. Does this really happen?
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 4:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

• hahahahahahaha... they're supposed to move out? and i thought i was gonna be stuck with them forever.. LOL
    Both of mine have moved out, and Both have moved back in. the DS went to school out of state, finished, came back, got a job and is saving for a downpayment on a house. DD moved out after her 1st baby, came back, moved out had 2 more babies, and is now back, with all 3 babies. Love it though because my family is always near. but also, they are all adults, so my DH and I can come and go as we please.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 4:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• LOL

Yep it really happens..eventually... :-)

Things really change once the kid(s) are out of the house. My husband and I come and go as we please. Take trips on when we want not worrying about a schedule (like school, activities..etc). Grocery cost dropped (Iol).. I can wear whatever I want around the house (lol).. We can have sex whenever we want where ever we want in the house again.. It really is a big change in regards to lifestyle, and what all can/is done on a regular basis. Sometimes we do not eat dinner until 10p or later because we are out somewhere (just an example of "lifestyle change" that has happened). I thought things really changed when our son hit high school and we could go and come more and more as we (Me/Husband), that change was nothing compared to being empty nesters..lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Depends on what my husband is doing with his job. That's another 18 or so years to go for us. We'll be in our 50s by then. I doubt my husband will be retired so we'd have to work around his schedule but we'd like to travel some. Probably get a camper or something and camp all around where ever we are living at the time.
    We barely knew each other before we got married and started having kids so we'll be making up for that... doing stuff with just us. We can't wait.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:11 PM on May. 25, 2011