A positive line appeared and vanished within a minute from HPT ? next test negative. what does that mean ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have had three children and have taken quite a few hpt in my day. Sometimes as the moisture moves across the result window it does look like a possible line. If the line didnt stay until it was time to read, Id say it was negative. It may have been too early to test. If you still think you may be pregnant, wait a couple days and retest. Or make an appointment with your doctor. Depending on your situation, Planned parenhood is a great, confidential place. regardless of age or insurance status. Hope this helps. Best of luck!
    pinky5674

Answer by pinky5674 at 4:10 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Negative. I've had the same thing happen the past few days. Wait until you miss your period and then take a digital test to confirm a pregnancy. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• not trying to scare you , but that happened to me i took a test it came out positive tested again and again they were all neg, about a mnthe later i started spotting and having pain went into the ER and i was pregnant but it was ectopic and had to have the pregnancy removed by surgery
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 4:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Month*
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 4:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What first post said...your supposed to wait till the time is up to see what it says...it was more then likely the urine absorbing into the stick.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

• thank u all for your insight ladies i just got the confirmation of a negative test just started my periods 5 days late
    wasn't lucky this month either :((((((( very sad
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 AM on May. 26, 2011