I know many of you are tired of hearing about Casey Anthony.....

but I just laughed out loud! It's not funny, but the pure awkwardness of this situation was hilarious. Casey's ex-boyfriend is on the stand now, and Mr. George (the state attorney) is questioning him, and this is what happened:

(this is not an exact quote, just as best as I remember it)
Mr. George: "And did you go to work on June 17?"
Tony: "No, I played hookie."
Mr. George: "Why did you play hookie?"
Tony: "I, uhh.....*smirk*...didn't feel like getting out of bed."
Mr. George:"Didn't feel like getting out of bed? With Casey?"
Tony: "Uh, yeah."
Mr. George: "And what did you do on that day?"
Tony: "We, uh, stayed in bed."

Funny, no?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 4:05 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, I have to agree...funny!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Very, I am watching too!! this case is so interesting and will be around for a while, this is going to be one long trial! so we are going to have Casey fever for a while........

Answer by older at 4:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Awkward for Tony! The people that are tired of hearing and reading about this case are going to be irritated for a while, this case may takes weeks/months. (Remember Scott Peterson!)

meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:08 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Typical. It doesn't make ME laugh. There ware way too many teens and young adults now days are without ambition and have no sense of right and wrong. He will be on welfare. We will be helping him stay in bed. @@
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:13 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I was waiting to see Casey's reaction to Tony's response...but nothing...stone cold face.

I was just thinking...it must be killing Casey to be sitting there looking at her former life in pictures...back when she was fit and attractive, andpartying all the time, knowing "Big Bertha" is the only one who will be keeping her warm for the rest of her life!!!

I wonder how many of Casey's exes the prosecution is going to parade past her--would probably take more than 8 weeks!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Typical. It doesn't make ME laugh. There ware way too many teens and young adults now days are without ambition and have no sense of right and wrong. He will be on welfare. We will be helping him stay in bed. @@ \

***

Remember it was TONY who actually had a job...it was unemployed CASEY with a child who was mooching off of him and her parents!!

And a guy in college blowing off COLLEGE classes, because of a hangover, a girlfriend, or just because....shocking!! (sarcasm!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• minnesota, he has a job as well as an internship.

LK, did you see Maria Kissh's testimony? There was a moment, when asked if Tony and Casey seemed happy in their relationship, Maria was clearly fighting back a smile, and answered, "The relationship was beneficial to Tony." It could not have been more clear that she wanted to call Casey a whore.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 4:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Wow, that was supposedly the day after Caylee drowned.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• LK, did you see Maria Kissh's testimony? There was a moment, when asked if Tony and Casey seemed happy in their relationship, Maria was clearly fighting back a smile, and answered, "The relationship was beneficial to Tony." It could not have been more clear that she wanted to call Casey a w****.

***
    Damn! I missed it--the first two days...I'm watching it now on streaming video (side by side with CM!) But I have no doubt Casey had a reputation as nothing more than "a piece of a**"

I'm loving how he won't even LOOK at Casey--except when he HAD to identify her.

Baez looks like he's WAY over his head. His whole argument is sooooo stupid!! Like someone needs a weapon to kill someone!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

***

Yeah, and Baez's question was "what is the relevance" of these photos! Ummm....demeanor on the days before, during and after her child "went missing/drowned."

Apparently everyone grieves differently!! UGH!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:38 PM on May. 25, 2011