Grandaughter (3) is a night owl.

Our living situation is a crowded one these days, My daughter and her 3 kids, My son and his fiance, my DH & myself, 2 dogs, 2 cats.
my grandaughter sleeps in the front room on her mattress. We turn off the TV at 9pm which is pretty much the bedtime for everyone in the house. She will sit up and play, look at books etc until about 11pm. Weekends i could care less, but this during the week is draining. Of course the DH is usually sound asleep so it doesn't seem to bother him.. lol. she gets plenty of exercise durning the day and she eats well (not alot of crap food) and she doesn't seem to wake up tired, Any suggestions on getting her to go to sleep earlier? both my kids never had a problem with sleeping and the other two grandkids (boys) are really good sleepers.

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 4:13 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Turn off the lights.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My son is the same.. he can live off 7 hours of broken sleep at 3 years old.. I actually have to give him a natural sleep aide, he (most likely) can't shut of his brain, just like Daddy - too many thoughts and recaps of the day going on to actually let himself be tired..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:26 PM on May. 25, 2011